School uniform plays a vital role in promoting the ethos of a school, providing a sense of belonging and identity and setting an appropriate tone for education. By creating a common identity amongst all pupils, regardless of background, a school uniform can also act as a social leveller.
The “Education (Guidance about Costs of School Uniforms) Act 2021” states that all stipulated school uniform items must be affordable for all and any branded items, purchased through uniform suppliers, offer value for money. This statutory guidance came into effect in September 2022.
The Aspire Uniform Policy, formed in part by parent/pupil voice, ensures each individual uniform offering across the trust is in line with this legislation and helps maintain the balance between affordability and upholding of school ethos and identity.
Tintagel Primary School has a basic school uniform which we believe makes the children look smart and provides them with a sense of belonging and feeling of pride. Please note that denim clothing is not permitted. Heeled shoes are not recommended for school. (Children need the freedom to jump and run at playtimes which heeled shoes do not allow.)
Jewellery other than earring studs is not permitted. However, watches are encouraged.
Our uniform comprises:
- Royal blue sweatshirt (school logo optional)
- Grey or black trousers/shorts or skirts
- White polo shirts
- Blue & white gingham dress (summer option)
All children's PE kit must be clearly named and stored in a named bag. Our PE expectations are:
- Sky blue t-shirt (logo optional)
- Plain black shorts
- Plain black jogging bottoms (for cold weather sports outdoors)
- Plain black sweatshirt (for cold weather sports outdoors)
- Pair of comfortable sports trainers which can be tightly fastened and support their ankles
Optional items are on sale at the school office:
- Book Bags - £5.10
- Royal blue sweatshirt with the school logo - £9.40
- Royal blue fleece with the school logo - £12.70
- T-Shirts for PE - £5.40