We strongly believe that whilst in our care, every child deserves the very best chance of becoming a positive force for learning in the widest sense. We promote an environment which seeks to remove barriers to learning and nurture pupils towards their best potential. Each child brings with them a unique and complex web of skills and needs. As passionate educators, we seek to enhance their skills and respond to their needs so that they feel confident in aspiring to a positive future.
Aims of our School
Our aim is to provide a safe, caring and inspirational environment conducive to learning.
- Where all adults work in close collaboration to ensure that children are happy, safe and can achieve.
- Where learning is recognised as a valued and lifelong experience.
- Where every child is recognised and valued as an individual.
- Where the learning and developmental experience is stimulating and varied, memorable and meaningful
- Where children develop a sense of self-worth through their confidence, creativity, social skills and interests.
- Where children are encouraged to develop their intellect and academic potential.
- Where children are encouraged to reflect on their accountabilities as learners and have ownership of the process
- Where an awareness of citizenship and their role within the local and wider communities is fostered in each child
- Where parents, staff, pupils and governors are justifiably proud of the children and the school.
Values-based Education is an approach to teaching that works in synchronicity with a set of whole school core values. It creates a strong learning environment that enhances academic attainment, and develops students' social and relationship skills that last throughout their lives.
The positive learning environment is achieved through the positive values modelled by staff throughout the school. It quickly liberates teachers and students from the stress of confrontational relationships, which frees up substantial teaching and learning time.
It also provides social capacity to students, equipping them with social and relationship skills, intelligences and attitudes to succeed at school and throughout their lives.